The Go Developer Survey showed these as the most popular editors. * Visual Studio Code: Free & open source IDE by Microsoft. Visual Studio Code supports Go syntax highlighting out of the box. Additional features are provided by the official vscode-go plugin. * GoLand: JetBrains's cross-platform, fully featured Go IDE (commercial). Free for students, teachers, open-source developers, and user-groups (see details). Also available as part of IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate.
- Vim & Neovim: Vi Improved. There are a number of plugins available that make editing Go code easier.
- The vim-go plugin includes misc/vim and has many other new improvements.
- The Syntastic plugin gives instant feedback on compile errors
- The tagbar plugin uses Gotags, above, to show an outline of the current file
- A vim compiler plugin for syntax checking
- A vim-godef plugin integrates with the 'godef' tool, above
- A vim-go-extra is vim plugin based on misc/vim in go repository. This works fine on windows too!
- The go-ide is a Neovim configuration file that ties go related plugins together making autocomplete, auto-importing, snippets, code formatting, and file search/browsing easier.
- govim is an LSP-driven vim plugin for Go development, written in Go using Vim8’s channel support.
- Emacs: Extensible and customizable text editor. It has generic LSP support that works well with gopls, the official Go language server.
- LSP Mode provides LSP support with a batteries-included approach, with many integrations enabled “out of the box” and several additional behaviors provided by lsp-mode itself.
- Eglot provides LSP support with a minimally-intrusive approach, focusing on smooth integration with other established packages. It provides a few of its own eglot- commands but no additional keybindings by default.
- Mode file maintained at dominikh/go-mode.el.
- GoFlyMake Flymake-style syntax checking for Go
- go-errcheck.el Errcheck integration for Emacs
- flycheck-metalinter Flycheck integration for go-metalinter utility
- go-playground Local playground inside Emacs
gopls language server for Go (if installed). * Go Tools — Run
goimports on save or via a command. Syntax highlighting for Go. * Source Insight: Commercial programming editor & code browser with built-in live analysis for C, C++, C#, Java, and more; helping you understand large projects. * golang.xclf is a Custom Language file adding syntax formatting and some parsing support to Source Insight for Go language. * Sublime Text: Commercial text editor. * (Sublime Text 4 only) LSP + gopls is a plugin collection with IDE-like features available. * GoSublime is a plugin collection with IDE-like features available. * Golang Build is the official Sublime Text package for Go build system integration. * Textadept: Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible cross-platform text editor. Supports Go syntax highlighting out of the box. * TextMate: Commercial text editor for macOS. Source code available under the GPLv3. Bundle for Go available.